Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Night #2. Pure torture. I feel like I am single again, without anyone to converse with (other than my dog, of course).

I know J (my husband) is having fun, though. He was truly MADE to be a cop. If we rewind a bit, last year was filled with ridiculous hoops to jump through and long periods of waiting to find out the next steps for Police Academy. This was going on while he was FT in college and FT at a job... oh, and we were newlyweds. He ended up graduating college at the EXACT right time (and he even put up with being enrolled in 21 credits for a couple of semesters, all the while maintaining a 4.0 GPA). When we found out he got in (after about 9 months in the process), it was just days before we left the country for Christmas vacation.


God has truly made some ridiculous things fall into place for J to get where he is now. So, I am happy for him. Happy for him, sad for me. I am looking for a new job, but believe it or not the Nurse market is completely saturated. Our opposite schedules are not fun for now, but something will work out sooner or later.

Looking on the bright side? DH is off the next three days!

3 Comments:

At July 19, 2010 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Leah said...

I am right there with ya! :) CC is in the middle of his first week after Academy! You can do it! I have a large dog though that sleeps with me so that helps out a lot! I also made sure that we had an alarm system so I would feel safe at night. I think you learn to adjust. CC did nights when he worked as a guard on night shift, and I got used to it, but I still hate it! :) Glad to see you in blogland! (and if you want a cute blog, I can handle that for you! http://cutesieblogdesigns.blogspot.com :)

 
At July 20, 2010 at 12:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of PWblogging! Found you on Mrs Fuzz's blog! Hope to get to know you better! Stop on by and say hello sometime!

 
At July 20, 2010 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Jillian said...

Hey girl! My husband has been on nights since we got married 5 years ago. He got sworn in days before our wedding and it was a HUGE adjustment on so many levels. I know it's hard at first (and still is at times now) but I promise you'll get used to his hecktic schedule and learn how to sleep without him. Isn't it funny how you wait so long for something and when you finally get it you wonder if you REALLY want it still? That's how I felt after my man got his cop job.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home